NOTE : For copyright reasons, this version is no longer available….
What’s new on this release (mainly focused on the FDC) :
- FDC rewritten from scratch. It support now bitstream format, such as Kryoflux RAW or Supercard Pro. Paradigm is also improved to support MFM format (dsk files are re-converted into MFM format). This will offer a true support for complex disk and protection format. For example, overlap protection (« Reussir ») is passed with scp or kryoflux disks.
- EDSK handling also rewritten from scratch. It add a new interpolation, to rebuild the original MFM track. Overlap and iterlaced sector are handled.
- IPF and CT-RAW files supported through the CAPSLib 5.1 (included )
- Current disk can be saved as SuperCard Pro file
- LED colors can be configured through config file
- Insert blank disk DATA / VENDOR added
- Scanlines are enabled if ‘=1′ in the Sugarbox.ini (more logical !)
- B drive support
- Current sector display added
- « About » updated (at last !)
- F3 = toggle 100% / MAX
- Fix a little bug in sound bar, that prevent putting it near 0
- Now working (this is not a complete list !) :
- »The demo » music loader
- Unique Megademo
- »Reussir »… disks (as EDSK with overlapped sector, or SCP, or Kryoflux…)
No release planned, as I am working hard on a complete rewritten disk module. It will support MFM bit flux like Kryoflux or Supercard Pro format, and will convert DSK/EDSK to this MFM flux. With this, every protected games should work correctly (if the dump is correct).
As today, weird protection involving size 6 sector are correct (« Reussir » educational suite), but the whole thing need more testing and cleaning. Also, DSK and EDSK support have to be reintroduced.
Some more news soon…
Sugarbox v0.18 is out now….
Not a really long log this time, as I mainly focus on removing inappropriate behaviours from the CRTC 1, which seems to run almost everything, as far as I tested (even if I think it’s not really perfect).
Here is the log :
- CRTC 1 : Rewrite almost all code. Now run correctly most of the demo (send me a link to incorrect ones !)
- CRTC 1 : HSync overflow fix
- Gate Array : Add a fix the change the way the colors are displayed by gate array. Seems to fix incorrect display in some demos
- General : Snaphshot files (SNA) can be loaded/Saved. Quickload/save have also been added.
- General fix : Screenshot are not taken twice, and are real PNG files (no JPEG)
- General fix : Settings and pathes are no longer bugged
- General fix : Sound driver no longer crash (sometime) when the application ends
Sugarbox v0.17beta is available ! It should run on every windows system, from Windows XP to Windows 8.1 (with or without direct X : The missing XInput library issue has been solved).
Here is what’s new :
- Gate array : MMR Corrected : If a 128k config is set, only 128k are available.
- Gate array : Corrected access to MMR and MMR through PAL
- Gate array : Mode 3 is handled
- Monitor : Change the function used for adjustement on HSync : Use a square root instead of a log, to make some demos more stable (« Camembert 4″ demo for example)
- Timings : Adjust some timings for out command. « From scratch » demo now display correct colours at the correct place
- FDC : Reset is (really) fixed. It no longer set the FDC in a state that prevent it to be used
- FDC : Add delay during track change
- General : Load the Xinput lib in the code, to avoir non runing app on some XP systems.
- General : Screenshot option added
- General : Speed limit is more configurable, from 50% to no-limit
- General : Some code optimisations
- General : Screen size can change (from « full PAL display » to « standard CPC screen »)
- General : Directories problems have been solved. It is now possible to drag’n'drop dsk file to a sugarbox shortcut (or to associate dsk with sugarbox)
- Sound : Volume slider added
- Sound : Mute option added
- Sound : Record is flushed, so the file is not only written at the end of the recording
- GUI : Current track number is displayed
- GUI : Add a « scanline » option
- GUI : Add nice icon for sound and disks
- GUI : Added Screenshot, settings and reset icons
- Startup : Associating « dsk » with sugarbox offer the possibilitty to load disk directly
New version is available here : Sugarbox V0.16b
This is a version mainly focused on bugfix. It has beend tested on Windows XP SP3 (with direct X installed), Windows 7, Windows 8.
Madness demo run flawlessly !
Here’s the complete log.
- CRTC : Fix a bug in HSync handling, when R3 change during hsync. Madness now runs without shaking effect
- CRTC : Fix a bug in HSYNC /VSync : Madness demo now works
- Monitor : add a fix that prevent « Dreamend » demo to have unexpected « bend » effects
- General : XInput is used for xbox controller. Direct X is required. Sugarbox works on Windows XP
- FDC : CRC are correclty computed now
- FDC : Reset is fixed. FDC should not be in wrong state if reset occur during data transfer
- FDC : « Le necromancien » from cpc power : Offset-info with a difference of 1 are ignored
- FDC : Qin (v2) : Corrected a bug in the sector and track analysis when reconstructing MFM datas
As usual, I’ll appreciate any bug report (with a short description & faulty .dsk file !)
A new version is available : Sugarbox v0.15
It’s mainly focused on the CRTC1 and monitor emulation (with some correction on Z80 core)
Here’s what’s new :
- CRTC detection tests are correctly passed (For CRTC 1 at least)
- Z80 : Lots of improvement in Interrupt and general timings
- Z80 : OUT write it’s value with delay to the port (this make some demo works..)
- Z80 : When an interrupt is pending, EI / HALT works correctly (this make « L’arche du capitaine blood » original dump to work correctly)
- CRTC : Fix the adress computation : Only correct bits are compared. This correct the « The demo » demo.
- CRTC1 : Fix adjustement computation, when R5 > R9 (adjustement counter was only increased when VCC=R4)
- Gate Array : Corrected a bug in the MMR, that prevented Phortem demo to run
- Gate Array : IO handled at 4mhz to have precise timings for color changed
- Ink changed should be pixel correct
- PPI8255 : CPC+ Feature of non-reset of Port ABC when writing control register implemented. This allow CRTC detection to be complete
- PPI8255 : Corrected a bug in PPI Control register, when bit7=0 (Shadow of the beast hanging bug in « press fire » screen is corrected)
- PPI8255 : Port B only readable.
- FDC : Read Track correction, LATIS (Hercule2 – Translock) now ok
- FDC : Detection of end disk improved, even when GAP3 is wrong
- FDC : Disk with only MV – CPC now loads correctly
- Monitor : Correction of a bug that prevented a detection of HBL in some case of the PLL ->Arkanoid I no longer crash the emulator
- Monitor : Rewrite the honrizontal synchronization mechanism.
- Monitor : Correction of HSync. CRTC R0=64 can be used now without hsync problems (The demo work better)
- Monitor : Improved handling of Hsync position via R2
- Monitor : Correct the garbage that occasionnaly appear on reset
- Monitor : Add handling of multiple HSync with correct synchronisation
- Reset is now fully implemented
- Settings : CRTC type is changed correctly
- Settings : Change does no longer reboot the CPC
Short double-version is available.
Remember it’s still in early beta, lots of bugs may be presents (and feature may be unfinished of not working)
What’s new :
- CRTC : Some more fix for the Type 0. Zoom scroll of « Still rising » is a bit better
- CRTC & Monitor : Emulation is also better, with more precise HSync syncronisation (hard scroll with Register 3 works (typic value 5-6))
- FDC : Read track with inexistant sector works better
This version is still a beta version.
Feel free to use and test it. You can send bug reports (or other comments ) to Sugarbox@free.fr.
Download can be made from download page (http://sugarbox.free.fr/?page_id=16)
The first beta is almost available.
What’s on it :
- Rather complete (except bugs ! ) CRTC and Gate array emulation
- Sound is correct, and can be recorded
- Fast run option : Run anything as fast as it can, while recording correct sound.
- FDC is precise and is able to run protected software (Le Necromancien, EXIT, Opera softs, etc).
- From 64 to 512Ko of memory available
What needs to be done :
- Some bug correction (espacially for Futur OS use)
- Tape usage
- External devices
- A more sexy interface
Known bugs (06/11/2013) :
- « A tribute to the sister » is not working.